Finding your .com for your business is easier than you may think!
You want a .com domain name for your business, right? That’s really not surprising to hear, considering that marketing and branding experts agree that the .com top-level domain (TLD) is still the best to build your brand.1
Wonder why that is? For more than 30 years, .com has stood behind Fortune 500 companies, startups and businesses whose contributions have reshaped the way our world operates today. So, it’s not surprising that .com is one of the most trusted and recognizable domain name extensions around the world.2
Here’s the great news. You can take advantage of the credibility and instant recognition that a .com domain name can offer too. Try these simple tips to find your perfect .com domain name:
- Use an article. Take your domain name idea and add an article such as “a,” “an” or “the.”
- Include your location. Consumers are looking for local businesses. According to a survey conducted by Uberall, 82% of smartphone shoppers conduct “near me” searches.3
- Incorporate your profession or industry. Consider adding words that describe what you do, or a feature of your company, like “accounting,” “bakery,” “auto dealer” or “partners.”
- Consider your name. Are you the face of your company? Try using your name – customers may prefer the personalization it brings.
- Combine common words. Plenty of successful companies have come up with great names by adding two to three common words together.
Want more? Here are two more bonus tips:
Utilize your social media handle. Many people and businesses start their digital journey on social media, so you could consider using your existing handle as your .com domain name.
Try a domain name suggestion tool. Coming up with a great .com domain name is even easier when you use a name generator. Try NameStudio™, an easy-to-use tool that’s intuitive and provides great, relevant suggestions.
By using the tips above, you’ll be well on your way to finding the .com domain name that’s perfect for you.
Play around. Be creative. The possibilities are endless.
Find your perfect domain name:Terms of Service
1 NURV. 7 Reasons Why .COM Domain Names Are Still Best For Your Brand.
2 ICANN. ICANN Global Consumer Research Wave 2 Survey.
3 Search Engine Land. Survey: 82 percent of smartphone shoppers conduct ‘near me’ searches.