Thinking of growing your business online? Look no further than .com. It is the most universally recognized, and gold standard, in domain names, which is why 97 percent of the top 100 brands, and 93 percent of Fortune Global 100 companies house their company websites on .com.
With more than 113 million .com domain names registered globally, you may have been misinformed that .com is full. Let’s take a look at the facts, based on an analysis of .com domain name registrations in 2013:
- 36 million times a day, a .com domain availability check is successful
- Even after decades of continuing growth, there are still millions upon millions of .coms available
- Over 95 percent of five-character .com combinations are available
- More than 99 percent of six-character .com combinations are available
While there is still an abundance of short – and long – .com domain names available for registration, many experts recommend registering descriptive, keyword-rich phrases because they attract higher click-through rates on search engine results pages. Did you know:
- Nearly half of all .com domain names are made up exclusively of two or more frequently used English keywords
- In 2013 alone, 12.3 million new .com domain name registrations contained two or more English keywords
No matter where you are in the process of building your online presence, the easiest step you can take is registering your .com!
For more interesting stats about .com availability, check out our new infographic below.